Call for Abstracts
TCT | Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR
Steps and Instructions:
Abstract Policy2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings Policy for Abstracts
- Work submitted for presentation should not have been reported previously in an archival scientific publication, either as an article or as an abstract, at the time of submission.
- Data that has been, or will be, presented at * any other meeting before being presented at the 2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings, will not be accepted for presentation.
*Due to the overlap in abstract submission/presentation timelines for the 2018 ASH Annual Meeting, data submitted to/presented at the 2018 ASH Annual Meeting is acceptable for submission to the 2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings.
Conference Registration Fees
- Abstract presenting authors will be eligible for the Early Registration Rate even after Standard and On-Site registration rates apply.
Responsibility of Abstract Authors
- The first author listed for each abstract serves as the Presenting Author and is the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- The Presenting Author is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors.
- Notifying all co-authors of any additions, deletions, and changes to the program, as may be communicated by the TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings.
- Obtaining all of the conflict-of-interest disclosure information from co-authors.
- Making certain that abstracts are complete (tables included and labeled) and written in clear, concise and grammatically correct English, so that reviewers are able to focus solely on the scientific merits of the submission. For authors with any question regarding the clarity, grammar or spelling of their abstract, we encourage identifying and using an independent reviewer to edit the abstract prior to submission.
- Ensuring that he/she will be prepared to present and to respond to questions regarding the abstract. If that is not the case, the authors should choose a poster as their preference.
- Each abstract author agrees and certifies that he or she:
- Has read all of the rules and agrees to be bound by them.
- Is responsible for submission of the abstract in accordance with the rules, and waives any and all claims against ASBMT/CIBMTR/TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings and any reviewer arising out of or relating to the abstract submission and review process, including but not limited to peer review and the grading of abstracts.
Abstracts are peer reviewed on their scientific merits and according to subject category. Individuals submitting abstracts must indicate the appropriate review category. The ASBMT, CIBMTR and TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings reserve the right to make minor editorial grammatical/spelling changes if required for clarity of presentation.
Authors assign copyright of the abstract to ASBMT upon submission, unless one of the authors is a U.S. Federal employee. This means that the identical abstract may not be republished or submitted to another meeting; however, Elsevier may grant permission for reuse of abstract content on behalf of ASBMT. You can request to re-use an abstract at http://www.elsevier.com/authors/permission-request-form.
- No names or titles should be included in the abstract text. Names will be automatically hidden during the abstract review process and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Oral and Poster presentations:
- There will be 102 abstracts selected for oral presentations during the scientific sessions on various days throughout the meeting. Additional abstracts will be presented during the parallel conferences.
- Most other abstracts will be assigned by topic to a poster presentation.
- All accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to the February 2019 issue of Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation and distributed at the 2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings.
- If your abstract is accepted for Oral Presentation, you will be required to submit your slides for review by your session moderators before the meeting.
- Required elements of this system are designated by a red (*). If you fail to enter required data, you will be prompted to go back and correct the omission before your abstract can be submitted.
- Verify that your abstract is correct by clicking Preview Abstract.
- Only when you are sure that your abstract is complete and in final form, click Submit Abstract.
- Presenting authors will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID# and password.
- Eligibility: If your abstract is accepted for either poster or oral presentations, you can expect the following:
- You will not be eligible for a stipend for presenting a poster or oral abstract.
- You will be eligible for the Early Registration Rate even after Standard and On-Site registration rates apply.
- Character Count: There is a limit of 2500 characters (approximately 300 words) for the body of the abstract. Note that this character count does not include spaces or the title but does include the space allocated to tables. Figures are not included in the character count.
- Multiple Abstracts: There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit, or the number abstracts that you may present.
- Attached Figure: You may include up to 3 figures or images with your abstract - all figures and images must have titles. Words in that image or figure are not deducted from the total character count.
- Notification: Decisions on abstract acceptance /rejection will be communicated by December 2018. Notification will be sent by e-mail to the presenting author listed on each abstract.
- Abstract Corrections: All changes/edits to submitted abstracts are strictly the responsibility of the first author and must be conducted within the confines of the abstract submission portal.
- Abstract Withdrawal:Abstract withdrawals can be made within the Speaker Center by the first author, no later than October 12, 2018. Abstract withdrawal requests after October 12, 2018 must be made, in writing only, to firstname.lastname@example.org at email@example.com. ASBMT and CIBMTR Staff cannot fulfill any withdrawal requests by phone.
Accepted abstracts that remain in the submission system on November 15, 2018 may be published online and in the Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, as submitted.
- Incomplete Abstracts:Any submitted abstract deemed incomplete within the submission system on October 13, 2018 @ 12:01 AM will be eliminated without further notification prior to abstracts being distributed to the 2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meetings Abstract Review Committees.
For help in submitting an abstract online, email Tech Support.
Below are the steps required during the submission process. Click each title to expand and read further information.
Category SelectionChoose the category that best suits your paper. ASBMT reserves the right to select an alternate category when deemed appropriate.
2019 TCT Meetings of ASBMT and CIBMTR Meeting Abstract Categories
- Acute and chronic leukemia (AML, MDS, MPD ALL, CML, CLL) - Basic/preclinical
- Acute and chronic leukemia (AML, MDS, MPD ALL, CML, CLL) - Clinical
- Acute Regimen-Related Toxicity and Supportive Care
- Cellular and Gene therapy: Basic/preclinical
- Cellular and Gene therapy: Clinical, processing
- Conditioning regimens
- Donor Health and Safety
- Graft Sources (related, matched and mismatched unrelated, haplo, autologous, cord blood, bone marrow and peripheral blood)
- Graft-versus-Host and graft versus tumor - Basic/preclinical
- Graft-versus-Host and graft versus tumor - Clinical: Prevention, treatment and biomarkers
- Health Services
- Hematopoietic stem cell niche, biology, expansion
- Hemoglobinopathies, Primary Immune deficiencies and Inborn Errors of Metabolism - Basic/preclinical
- Hemoglobinopathies, Primary Immune deficiencies and Inborn Errors of Metabolism - Clinical
- HSCT for autoimmune disorders
- HSCT, gene and other cellular therapies in countries with constrained resources
- Immune reconstitution and Immunobiology
- Infectious Diseases and Cytotoxic T lymphocytes
- IT and Informatics for Transplant and Cellular Therapy (CIBMTR)
- Late Effects and Quality of Life
- Lymphoma/myeloma - Basic/preclinical
- Lymphoma/myeloma - Clinical
- Marrow failure syndromes (congenital and acquired)
- NPs/PAs – Advanced Practice Professionals (for Clinical Education Conference)
- Quality and Transplant Program Administration (for Administrative Director Conference)
- Study design and statistics
- Transplantation Data Management (for CRP/DM Conference)
- Transplantation Pharmacology (for TCT Pharmacists Conference)
Enter your title, preferred presentation format, indicate the seniority of the presenting author, working committee submission, and learning objectives.
Enter author(s) name, affiliation, and contact information.
Provide COI Disclosure
Please fill out the form to indicate if you have any disclosures pertaining to your abstract. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to obtain all required conflict of interest disclosure(s) from co-authors.
Upload or copy and paste your abstract into the system. Detailed technical instructions are available on the upload step. Submitted abstracts will be published as-is, please proofread them before submission.
There is a $40 abstract submission fee.
You will have a chance to look over the submission to make sure all is complete.